Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Doesn't it just blow your mind?

Are you forever amazed...

...by your ability to love someone you've only just met?
...by how sweet a baby's breath smells? Nearly three months on this earth and she still hasn't gotten around to using a toothbrush. Yet, her breath still takes mine away. In a good way.
...at how much you can do on so little sleep? So long as it doesn't require cooking, cleaning or changing out of my pajamas. Or using half my brain. More precisely, the left half. You know, the part that is responsible for logic. And thinking.
...by the amount of laundry an 11 pound member of a family can produce?
...by how invested you are in someone's bowel habits? And how excited you can become when a long awaited poop finally makes an appearance?
...by the fact that you were chosen to be the one to raise this little person? And somewhere along the line you've proven yourself worthy enough to turn out a productive, compassionate member of society?
...at the volume of bodily fluids a newborn creates?
...by how one quick grin from your child can make you forget about the two dozen frowns you've encountered throughout your day?
...by the huge amount of lint that accumulates in between a newborns fingers? I'm pretty sure she has been asleep next to me for the past four hours, but I guess it is possible that while I had my eyes closed she went to the garage and cleaned out the dryers lint collection tray. And evenly distributed it between each of her ten fingers. Then curled her hands tight. And became sweaty. So that when I finally am able to uncurl her tightly curled fingers the lint is damp and just stinky enough to make my toes curl. And speaking of toes, there is an overwhelming amount of lint there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment