Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Free to a good home!


I've recently become quite obsessed with perusing the "free" postings on Craigslist. It is surprising to see some of the gems that people are parting with. Granite countertops. Antique furniture. Appliances. PUPPIES! It is absolutely true that one man's trash is another man's treasure. But I am not currently in the market for anything in particular so just when I decide to close out the site and resume a game of Candy Crush, I stumble upon this: Free Gallon of Whole Milk. Yes, someone in Fremont/ Union City/ Newark went to the trouble to get in her car, drive to the store, and wait in line to purchase one gallon of milk only to bring it home and realize "it won't fit in my fridge". Really? Either she has never ever even seen a gallon of milk, or...? I can't explain her misfortune but someone out there will surely benefit from her mistake. But only if he responds ASAP, as "immediate pick-up" is necessary since she has no way to keep the milk cold. And my favorite part of the whole listing? She went to the trouble to attach a photo of a gallon of milk! Hilarious. And dreadfully sad. Because in the time it took her to post to Craigslist, she could have cleared some space in her fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment