Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Naptime be damned

It is very likely that I will soon regret saying this, but today I boldly declare that I am not a fan of naptime. Last week I would have given anything, ANYTHING, for P to so much as close her eyes briefly enough to blink. And it is possible that tomorrow I will find myself praying for at least 20 minutes of naptime for her and respite for me. But on this particular day we had so much fun by 11 am that I was sad to see her eyes get heavy and her pulling a blanket towards her face- her precious tell that a nap is in order. Today she woke up smiling, played for the first time on her kick mat piano and let out a joyful squeal when the music came on, found herself in the mirror and gave herself a huge grin, and had a blast splashing around in her bathtub. All of our fun playtime made for a sleepy girl. Rest up, Sweet P. When you wake up it will be time to make new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment